Element incident sparks emergency response

element incident sparks emergency response - Element incident sparks emergency response

Firefighters had to be rang to a home in Frampton Cotterell after carpet cleaning products sparked their chemical incident.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service had become called at 4. 04pm via June 1 to reports of just a chemical incident. It was caused by a certain ‘overuse’ of carpet cleaning products.

Crews from Yate and as a consequence Patchway fire stations attended the entire scene, where firefighters used respiring apparatus and specialised tools that will help rip out the carpet completely.

element incident sparks emergency response 2 - Element incident sparks emergency response

(Image: @AFRSYate)

A high-pressure hose reel also had to be used in in an attempt to decontaminate the affected area.

In a tweet, a stand-in from Yate Fire Station talked: “Please be careful when using household chemical substance!

 

“Everyone escaped without harm today. ”

Pictures from the scene have shown firefighters in breathing apparatus purifying their hands under a hose using the incident.

element incident sparks emergency response 3 - Element incident sparks emergency response

(Image: @AFRSYate)

Reliability Western Ambulance Service also joined the scene.

It certainly is not the first time incidents involving cleaning solutions have necessitated an emergency response, as well as the Avon Fire and Rescue occur to be vocal in the past about avoiding the blending of household products and promoting sure use of toxic substances.

In December 2018 a mum talked out after accidentally creating a huge gas foriegn of chlorine whilst trying to disengage her toilet, generally lead to three fire engines getting called to her Nailsea flat so the street being cordoned off.

Read More

Today’s top stories

  • element incident sparks emergency response 4 - Element incident sparks emergency response

    Locked up: The developers behind bars

  • element incident sparks emergency response 5 - Element incident sparks emergency response

    The quirky life of female on Bristol boat

  • element incident sparks emergency response 6 - Element incident sparks emergency response

    Hit-and-run in Stokes Croft

  • element incident sparks emergency response 7 - Element incident sparks emergency response

    The tiny bit of land that will never sell

Back to: Home Bristol News

Help us share

You may also like...

HAVE A QUICK QUESTION?

Simply fill our short form and we will contact you back asap.

[contact-form-7 id="758" title=""]
X
CONTACT US