Extraction fan ‘blow up’ causes fire at Pizzarova Park Street

An extraction fan that ‘blew up’ caused sourdough pizza company Pizzarova’s Park Street branch to close this evening (December 9). It is sadly the third fire this year for the popular Bristol chain.

The incident happened mid-service, meaning many diners had to quickly evacuate from the premises in order to allow access to Avon Fire and Rescue Service to tackle the blaze.

Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus were seen spraying the flames from hose reels on Park Street throughout their successful attempt to extinguish the fire.

READ MORE: Live: Emergency services called to Pizzarova restaurant

In a statement released on their Instagram page, a spokesperson for the Somerset-born company said: “Our extraction fan sadly blew up on us tonight mid service, everyone is safe and well but we’ll be closed this weekend while we figure out which parts need replacing.

“Thanks to those eating with us for early dinner for your patience, to our team for dealing with it so calmly and for the boys in red for helping make sure everything was safe to go back in.

“We’ll post some updates on when we hope to be back open shortly but in the meantime our hours at our other locations this weekend are: North Street 12-9:30 Saturday, 12-9pm Sunday, Gloucester Road 5-9:30 Saturday, 5-9pm Sunday, Wapping wharf 5-9 Saturday.

“Lots of love, Rova team x”

One diner, Helen Edwards stated: “First time I’ve been sat in a restaurant when it actually goes on fire, hope all the team at Pizzarova Park St are okay. Four fire engines arrived as we were leaving the area.”

This is not the first time Pizzarova have suffered from a fault with their extraction system; back in May this year, at the same Park Street establishment, the extraction fan overheated, but thankfully there were no flames.

The company displayed a calm reaction to the situation at the time, stating: “Although there were no flames, these situations are always a bit scary so we are sorry to have alarmed the locals after such a lovely sunny weekend.

“We’ll keep you posted on when we get a new fan fitted, thanks for everyone’s messages (it seems we weren’t the only ones basking in the heat).”

In another unfortunate event back in June this year, another faulty extractor fan at their Gloucester Road branch resulted in considerable collateral water damage, forcing a temporary closure.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service has been approached for comment.

READ NEXT

Back to: The Traffic SEOWebsite SEONews and BLOGBristol News

You may also like...

The Traffic SEO