Man rescued from burning flat after blaze erupts in kitchen

man rescued from burning flat after blaze erupts in kitchen - Man rescued from burning flat after blaze erupts in kitchen

A man has been rescued from a burning Patchway flat after flames erupted in the kitchen.

After dialling 999, the man told the call handler he was unable to escape from the building when the blaze broke out.

Firefighters raced to Willow Close and were able to reach him using an extension ladder at around 3pm today (July 11).

Crews from Patchway and Southmead fire stations attended the incident.

 

A spokesperson for Avon Fire and Rescue Service said: “Following the initial call to Control, one residential confirmed he was unable to leave the property and was provided with advice.

“On arrival, firefighters rescued the male casualty from the first floor window using a triple extension ladder, before handing to ambulance crews. 

“Firefighters remained on scene to clear smoke from the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.”

The cause of the blaze is  believed to be accidental.

Read More

Today’s top stories

  • yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7 - Man rescued from burning flat after blaze erupts in kitchen

    Huge fire in Clifton

  • yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7 - Man rescued from burning flat after blaze erupts in kitchen

    Latest on underground plans

  • yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7 - Man rescued from burning flat after blaze erupts in kitchen

    First Bus price rises

  • Generic image of angry man's fist

    ‘Unpleasant’ attack

For the latest news in and around Bristol check back on Bristol Live’s homepage

Back to: Home Bristol News

Help us share

You may also like...

Lost your password? Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.
We do not share your personal details with anyone.
HAVE A QUICK QUESTION?

Simply fill our short form and we will contact you back asap.

X
CONTACT US