One person injured and two budgies rescued in flat fire

one person injured and two budgies rescued in flat fire - One person injured and two budgies rescued in flat fire

one person injured and two budgies rescued in flat fire 2 - One person injured and two budgies rescued in flat fire

One person was treated by paramedics after a blaze ripped through a flat in Weston-super-Mare.

Two budgies were also rescued by fire crews while nearby residents were told to leave their homes during the fire today (June 10) at 2.47pm.

The fire erupted in the kitchen area of the home on Drove Road and quickly spread to the roof, Avon Fire and Rescue Service said.

A spokesperson said the blaze broke out in the top floor of a two-storey building.

Crews from Weston, Clevedon and Winscombe attended.

The authority’s spokesperson said: “On arrival, firefighters found a fire which started in the kitchen area and had spread into the roof.

“Crews used ten breathing apparatus for safety and two high pressure hose reels, one 45mm jet and one turntable ladder to tackle the fire. A Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan was also used to clear smoke in the adjacent properties.

“Firefighters handed one casualty over to ambulance crews. Two budgies were also rescued from the fire.

“Firefighters also evacuated persons from neighbouring properties.”

The cause of the blaze is believed to be ‘accidental’.

Back to: Home Bristol News

You may also like...