Prince William and Prince Harry issues joint statement denying ‘bullying claims’ hours before Royal talks

Prince William and Prince Harry have released a joint statement to refute ‘bullying claims’.

It was published as reports suggested Harry had felt forced out of the Royal Family.

The brothers said the rumoured assumption about their relationship was “offensive” and “potentially harmful” reports the Mirror.

The statement released this morning by Buckingham Palace, is said to have been extremely strong.

It said on behalf of the brothers: “Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between The Duke of Sussex and The Duke of Cambridge.

“For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful.” 

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan (Image: Getty Images)

This afternoon the Duke of Sussex is set to come face to face with his grandmother as senior royals race to thrash out plans for his and Meghan’s future, following their shock announcement to become ‘financially independent’ last week.

In their statement Harry and Meghan said: “We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.

Today’s historic meeting was the first time Harry met with his grandmother, the Prince of Wales, 71, and Duke of Cambridge, 37, since the issue engulfed the royal family, making headlines around the world.

The Queen pictured yesterday leaving church (Image: PA)

It’s expected the royals are to discuss a range of issues and come to an agreement in order to immediately stop the any further damage to the monarchy. 

Though its not known what time or how long the meeting is expected to last.

It’s reported the duchess – who flew to Canada a few days ago to be with their son Archie – is likely to join the crisis talks by phone.

Harry will come face to face with his father and brother for the first time since the ‘stepping back’ bombshell (Image: PA)

Last Thursday, the Queen, Charles and William gave orders for their households to work with the Sussex’s team to quickly find a “workable solution” to their desire to change the direction of their royal lives, but still support the Queen.

A royal source said “next steps” will be agreed at the meeting, adding that it is the Queen’s wish that the issue is resolved “at pace”.

Read More

Today’s top stories

  • Things Bristolians don’t understand

  • Woman dies

  • Gipsy Patch Lane will be partially closed for up to two years while works to demolish the railway bridge are replace it with something larger are carried out

    Road closure warning

  • We speak to homeless man living in tent

For the latest news in and around Bristol, visit and bookmark Bristol Live’s homepage.

You can  follow us on Twitter here and on Facebook here and here

You can also join our traffic and travel, crime and parenting Facebook groups.

Back to: Home Bristol NewsSource: Bristol Post

You may also like...