Students were ‘evacuated’ from their flats after a blaze broke out in an electric bike showroom.
Fire crews raced to the incident on Hotwell Road at around 1:30am on Friday (November 27).
A witness, who lived near showroom, said he saw ‘people sat opposite the building’ who looked like they had been ‘evacuated’.
Pictures from the scene also show people huddled together, sitting on a wall opposite the showroom.
Multiple fire engines and police cars attended the incident during the early hours of the morning.
A spokesperson for Avon Fire and Rescue Service confirmed the blaze was started accidentally.
He said: “It was a three-storey building, with a bike showroom at the bottom and students flats above.
“The fire started in the showroom.
To get breaking news like this straight to your inbox, click here
“We used four breathing apparatus and two hose reels to extinguish the flames and our table ladder.
“Our investigations show the fire was started accidentally.”
Crews from Bedminster, Southmead and Avonmouth attended the blaze.