Two people suffered burns to their face and hands after an incident outside a south Bristol McDonald’s.
An eyewitness said she saw a worker drilling into the ground who was then “electrocuted”.
Emergency services attended Sheene Road in Bedminster shortly after 10am this morning (February 12) and a cordon was put in place.
A spokesperson for South Western Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 10.13am about an incident on St John’s Street, Bedminster. Our crews have treated two patients at the scene for electrical burns. The patients have been taken by land ambulance to hospital for further care.
The service has since confirmed the patients are at the Bristol Royal Infirmary (BRI) and the patients are not believed to have suffered life-changing or life threatening injuries.
They continued: “We sent quite a few resources to attend the incident. There were two patients who had burns to their face and hands. But neither were thought to be in a life-threatening condition.”
McDonald’s confirmed the worker had been contracted by the fast food chain.