Two people suffer burns to face and hands after McDonald’s incident

two people suffer burns to face and hands after mcdonalds incident - Two people suffer burns to face and hands after McDonald's incident

Two people suffered burns to their face and hands after an incident outside a south Bristol McDonald’s.

An eyewitness said she saw a worker drilling into the ground who was then “electrocuted”.

Emergency services attended Sheene Road in Bedminster shortly after 10am this morning (February 12) and a cordon was put in place.

A spokesperson for South Western Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 10.13am about an incident on St John’s Street, Bedminster. Our crews have treated two patients at the scene for electrical burns. The patients have been taken by land ambulance to hospital for further care.

Read More

Today’s top stories

  • two people suffer burns to face and hands after mcdonalds incident 2 - Two people suffer burns to face and hands after McDonald's incident

    Men chased by gang

  • two people suffer burns to face and hands after mcdonalds incident 3 - Two people suffer burns to face and hands after McDonald's incident

    Fire at pub

  • two people suffer burns to face and hands after mcdonalds incident 4 - Two people suffer burns to face and hands after McDonald's incident

    NatWest moving

  • two people suffer burns to face and hands after mcdonalds incident 5 - Two people suffer burns to face and hands after McDonald's incident

    Businesses slammed for blue lighting

The service has since confirmed the patients are at the Bristol Royal Infirmary (BRI) and the patients are not believed to have suffered life-changing or life threatening injuries.

They continued: “We sent quite a few resources to attend the incident. There were two patients who had burns to their face and hands. But neither were thought to be in a life-threatening condition.”

The incident was led by Avon Fire and Rescue and South Western Ambulance Service, with Avon and Somerset Constabulary assisting at the scene.

McDonald’s confirmed the worker had been contracted by the fast food chain.

Back to: Home Bristol NewsSource: Bristol Post

Help us share

You may also like...

HAVE A QUICK QUESTION?

Simply fill our short form and we will contact you back asap.




X
CONTACT US