A group of teenage boys attempted to rob a woman on a cycle path near Filton Abbey Wood station. The victim shouted and screamed before managing to ride away.
She was cycling towards Abbey Wood near the bridge over the railway when the boys approached her at around 6.15pm on Monday, November 18. Two of them grabbed her bike and they tried to take her bag.
Although she was shaken by the attack, nothing was stolen. Avon and Somerset Police say that here were up to six boys all aged between 12 and 16.
READ MORE: Killers convicted of Easton double murder are jailed for life
Investigating officers are now keen to identify the group. They are described as:
- White, with brown hair, wearing a black coat with fur round the hood and with a black rucksack and black shoes.
- Black, wearing a black coat and grey tracksuit bottoms, riding a bike.
- White, dressed in black and riding a bike.
- Of mixed ethnic appearance, with black hair, wearing a black coat, grey jogging bottoms.
- White, dressed in black.
- White, wearing a dark coat, a grey hood and grey tracksuit bottoms.
The force said in a statement: “We’re aware of a recent increase in incidents on the cycle track and are carrying out targeted uniformed patrols in response. If you were on that stretch of cycle path between 6pm and 6.30pm that day and saw anything or have helmet-cam footage which could help, please contact us.
“If you can help, please call 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5222285698, or complete our online appeals form.”
Alternatively, you cant contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their Anonymous Online Form.
Back to: The Traffic SEO – Website SEO – News and BLOG – Bristol News