Banned driver had two crashes in Painswick

banned driver had two crashes in painswick - Banned driver had two crashes in Painswick
banned driver had two crashes in painswick 2 - Banned driver had two crashes in Painswick

A 22-YEAR-OLD disqualified driver got behind the wheel and crashed into a motorbike and a Land Rover in Painswick in two separate collisions on the same day, a court was told last Friday.

Akeem Richards of Mandara Grove, Abbeydale, Gloucester, pleaded guilty at Cheltenham Magistrates Court to driving while disqualified, failing to stop after two accidents and driving without insurance.

The offences all occurred on September 21, 2019 in Painswick and involved the defendant’s silver-coloured Vauxhall Astra, the court was told.

Injury was caused to the Landrover driver, in a collision on the Beacon – but no further details about that were given to the court about the driver or the extent of the injuries suffered.

Prosecuting lawyer Sian Hunt said “Police were called to a road traffic accident on Severnleaze Lane, Painswick, where a motorbike had been hit by a car.

“Police attended and noticed a man who ran off and they gave chase.

“They finally caught the man – the defendant – but then they came across a Land Rover on the Beacon Road, Painswick, which had been involved in a head-on collision.”

Richards admitted being responsible for both incidents and he was arrested.

Defending lawyer Joan Hughes said: “My client initially co-operated with the police but then he panicked.

“He has been on a personal trainers course and has a guaranteed job in a couple of months time.”

The district judge imposed an 18-month community order with a thinking skills programme and ordered Richards to do 100 hours of unpaid work.

Richards was banned from driving for a further 12 months and ordered to pay £85 prosecution costs.

Back to: Home Gloucestershire News

Help us share

You may also like...

HAVE A QUICK QUESTION?

Simply fill our short form and we will contact you back asap.




X
CONTACT US