A burglar stole parts of a car from a workshop near Stroud andare appealing for information.
The unknown offender reportedly climbed over a wall of a property in Tinkley Lane and stole a catalytic converter from a car inside the property’s workshop.
The incident took place between 5pm on May 21 and 10am on May 24.
Investigating officers have been doing house to house and CCTV enquiries in the area and are now appealing for any witnesses who may have seen suspicious activity or a vehicle which was seen and not local to the area.
Anyone with information can contact the Constabulary using thequoting incident 289 of May 24.
Alternatively you can call 101 and quote the same incident number.
How can I protect my vehicle?
There are some protective measures drivers can consider to help reduce the risk to their vehicles.
- Parking vehicles close to walls, fences, kerbs and garages with the exhaust closest to these, making gaining access to the underneath of the vehicle more difficult
- Where possible park your car in a locked garage
- Avoid parking your car partially on the pavement and if using a car park consider parking between other parked vehicles
- Consider CCTV, security lights and alarms where possible.
- Consider purchasing catalytic converter covers or clamps which are widely available and offer protection.