Police are still trying to identify a number of people they are keen to speak to after a 36-year-old man from Stroud was charged with kidnap in Chalford.
Officers are looking to speak to occupants of a camper van, Land Rover and others listed below who may have information.
A spokesperson for Gloucestershire police said: “We’re keen to identify these people as they may have information which could help the investigation – they are not being treated as suspects.”
– Occupant(s) of a green or grey Land Rover parked up in the area at the time
– Occupant(s) of a camper van in the area at the time – it was parked with someone out of the vehicle
– A woman walking with a pushchair
– A man walking a dog, believed to be an Alsatian or similar breed
– Two women walking together – believed to be aged over 50, one was wearing a hat and one was wearing a scarf
– A woman playing with a child in water at about 4.30pm
The incident happened around 6pm last Tuesday, June 2 when a girl had been jogging on a lane which runs alongside the Thames and Severn Canal by Three Groves Wood.
It is alleged she was grabbed by a man who was described as being white, of a stocky build, aged in his 30s or 40s, had dark stubbly hair which was balding and he also had dark facial hair.
He was wearing blue rubber gloves, a grey hooded top with black writing and black jogging bottoms.
Investigating officers are keen to hear from those listed as they may have information which could help the investigation.
They’re asked to call police on 101 and quote incident 450 of June 2 or submit information online through the ‘update a crime’ form via: bit.ly/3dR1kzY
On Monday, June 8 a 36-year-old man from Stroud appeared at Cheltenham Magistrates’ Court charged with one count of kidnap. He was remanded in custody to next appear at Gloucester Crown Court on July 6.