NEW hygiene ratings were awarded to six of Stroud’s establishments, the Food Standards Agency’s website shows.
Ratings are given on a score from 0-5, with five being the highest.
They reflect the standards of food hygiene found on the date of inspection by the local authority.
They are not a guide to food quality.
The three areas which are inspected are the food handling, the conditions of the facilities and the management of food safety.
• Rated 5: Little Ginger Deli Limited at Shop 2, 1 – 2 Kendrick Street, Stroud, – rated on August 9
• Rated 5: Star Anise Catering in Old Painswick Inn, Gloucester Street, Stroud, – rated on August 9
• Rated 5: The Woolpack Inn Ltd in Slad Road, Slad, Stroud – rated on July 28
• Rated 4: The Britannia Inn at Britannia Inn, Cossack Square, Nailsworth, Stroud – rated on July 14
• Rated 5: Old Fleece Inn at The Old Fleece Inn, Bath Road, Woodchester, Stroud – rated on July 26
• Rated 5: Vegicatessen at Unit 36, Indoor Market, Five Valleys Shopping Centre, Stroud – rated on August 9