Kitchen fire in Stroud leaves man in hospital

An elderly man was taken to hospital after a kitchen fire broke out in Stroud last night.

Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue attended the fire in Ebley and put it out, while a crew checking the occupant found he had suffered from smoke inhalation.

He was then transported to hospital by the South Western Ambulance Service.

The news comes after Stroud crews attended two kitchen fires on May 9.

Stroud News and Journal:

One occured in France Lynch, where a Family Circle biscuit box had been left on a hob, and one in a Paganhill flat, where a frying pan had been left on the hob after the occupent left the building

In Paganhill, the breathing apparatus team had to force entry into the flat to put out the fire.

Stroud News and Journal:

Police had advised the public to follow these safety tips in the kitchen:

  • Keep the oven, hob and grill clean and in good working order. A build up of fat and grease can ignite a fire.
  • Take care when cooking with oil – it sets alight easily. If it starts to smoke it’s too hot. Turn off the heat and leave it to cool.
  • Avoid leaving children in the kitchen alone when cooking on the hob. Keep matches and saucepan handles out of their reach.
  •  Don’t leave pans on the hob when you’re not around – take them off the heat if you have to leave the kitchen, even if you think it will only be for a moment.
  • Keep electrical leads, tea towels and cloths away from the cooker.
  • Don’t cook if you are under the influence of alcohol.

More to follow.

Back to: The Traffic SEOWebsite SEONews and BLOGGloucestershire News

You may also like...