The M5 has been closed following a lorry fire.
The road is closed in both directions between junctions eight and 11a.
Gloucestershire Police has put the closure in place and Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service are also in attendance.
Smoke in the area is causing hazards and drivers have been asked to avoid the area.
The motorway will be reopened once the fire is under control, but there are currently long delays both north and south of the incident.
There are severe delays in the area, with 7 miles of congestion northbound and 3 miles southbound.
Please allow extra time for your journey. pic.twitter.com/Y53u3uwj5C
— Highways England (@HighwaysSWEST) July 13, 2021
Diversions are in place but these routes are also congested.
- Exit the M5 northbound at J11 and join the A40 westbound
- Continue on the A40 westbound, passing over two roundabouts
- At the third roundabout with the A417, take the third exit onto the A417 northbound
- Continue northbound until the roundabout with the B4208 and Straight Lane
- Take the first exit and continue on the A417 Ledbury Road until the junction with the M50
- Join the M50 eastbound and then continue to re-join the M5 northbound at J8
- Exit the M5 southbound at J8 and then take the second exit at the roundabout onto the M50 westbound
- Continue on the M50 westbound until J2
- Exit the M50 westbound at J2 and then turn left onto the A417 southbound
- Continue on the A417 southbound until the roundabout with the A40
- Take the first exit onto the A40 and then continue on the A40 eastbound, passing over two roundabouts until the roundabout with the M5 at J11
- Take the third exit at the roundabout to re-join the M5 southbound