Around Cirencester there are number of disused airfields that date back to the 1930s, writes Robert Heaven.
Several remain in use but repurposed.
These include former RAF South Cerney which opened on August 16, 1937.
It was handed over to the Army on July 1, 1971, and renamed the Duke of Gloucester Barracks.
Around 481 personnel are based at the “camp” including their families.
Photos today from the 1970s.