An application for a sexual harm prevention order was made against Simon Clifford Jones, aged 41, of Nymspfield Road, Nailsworth.
The case was heard at Cheltenham Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, March 22, where a the order was imposed for five years.
Jones has previously been found guilty of outraging public decency by masturbating near a public footpath in Stroud on September 9, 2020.
He denied the offence but was found guilty at Cirencester Magistrates Court on December 2, 2021.
The new order bans Jones from:
1. Entering the canal path adjacent to Dr Newton’s Way, Stroud
2. Entering an area on the cycle path at Selsley Hill
3. Entering Woodchester Park
4. Exposing his genitals in any public place
5. Urinating in any public place
The defendant is required to register with the police in accordance with the Sexual Offences Act 2003 for five years.
Nominated police station is in Parliament Street, Stroud
A finding was made that the order was ‘necessary to protect females when out on their own.’