The Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT) is returning this weekend.
RAF Fairford is set to welcome 170,000 visitors to witness flying from the world’s best display teams.
This year’s event will mark the United States Air Force’s 75th Anniversary and has the theme of Training the Next Generation Air Force.
There will be a huge range of aircraft on both flying and static displays.
Special flypasts recently announced include the Red Arrows flying with the RAF’s new Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft to open the RIAT flying display on Friday.
Sunday will see a unique pairing of the RAF Red Arrows alongside the Republic of Korea Air Force Black Eagles.
The legendary South Korean aerobatics team are returning to RIAT for the first time in a decade.
The Techno Zone will host exhibits and interactive activities designed to inspire the engineers of the future.
There will also be panel discussions and demonstrations from the likes of Aerospace engineer and Great British Bake Off star Andrew Smyth.
The Activity Zone will provide entertainment including electric go-karts and a silent disco.
Refreshments will be available across the site and there will be dozens of traders and exhibitors in attendance.
READ MORE: Electric plane technology being developed near Cirencester
Tickets for Saturday have already sold out, and a limited amount remain for Sunday as well as Friday’s exclusive preview show.
Shuttle buses will be running from Swindon Bus Station for £6 return and park and ride is available from Cheltenham Racecourse for £8.
A number of road closures will be in place between July 13 and 18:
- Fairford Road: Junction of the A417 to junction with Rhymes Lane.
- Rhymes Lane: Junction of Fairford Road to junction with Rhymes Lane.
- Rhymes Lane: To the junction of Ash Copse.
- Dunfield Loop: Junction of Mount Pleasant to the junction with C124.
- Swanborough Lane and Queens Road will be closed from the junction with the B4019 to the junction of the C145 only from 6am-9pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Nell Hill, Hannington Lane and Bridge Farm will be shut from the junction with the C117 to the junction with Whelford Road at the same time.
To get tickets go to airtattoo.com/airshow/tickets
Back to: The Traffic SEO – Website SEO – News and BLOG – Gloucestershire News