Several residents in Stroud have expressed annoyance at loud pot banging and fireworks last night during the Clap for Carers event.
Residents have also complained about bonfires being lit in the Slad Valley.
One woman, who didn’t want to be named, said the fireworks and pot banging had frightened wildlife in the area.
Another woman,who also wished to remain anonymous, said recent bonfires lit near her home have made it difficult for her to breathe and that she has had to keep the windows closed.
She also has to have air purification equipment in her house, a device which removes contaminants from the air.
Last week, Stroud District Council urged residents not to burn bonfires or play loud music through open windows during the coronavirus outbreak.
A statement from the council said:”At this time, when many people are dealing with unfamiliar, stressful and sometimes frightening circumstances, could we please request that everyone considers the impact of their actions on their neighbours?
“While this might seem like an opportunity to prune the garden, please don’t burn the waste as that could create additional problems for people already potentially dealing with breathing difficulties.
“Similarly, opening your windows and playing music at high volumes might make you feel better, but it will just make everyone else’s life less tolerable.
“Please, think about other people, be kind and keep your activities reasonable.”