Today’s wet weather is set to continue into the weekend.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for rain across much of the country, including the whole of Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and North Wiltshire.
In Gloucestershire rain is forecast to fall throughout the next three days, with the worst of the weather on Friday and Saturday.
The warning is in place from 3am on Saturday until 6pm on Sunday.
According to the Met Office: “Heavy rain is expected to bring some flooding and transport disruption.”
What to expect:
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads
- There is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses