Mobile speed camera locations across Gloucestershire have been revealed for November – and they include spots in Cirencester and Brookthorpe near Stroud.
The expectation is that each of the following locations will be visited at least once a week by a Mobile Speed Detection Van.
These are the locations along with the speed limits :
- The A435, Grove Lane, Cirencester – 40mph
- The A4173 at Brookthorpe – 30mph
- King Edward Avenue from Stroud Road, Gloucester – 20mph
- Corinium Avenue at the junction with Sawmills End, Gloucester – 30mp
- Evesham Road towards the racecourse in Cheltenham – 30mp
- Stoke Road, Stoke Orchard near Cheltenham – 30mp
- A48 at Chaxhill near Westbury-on-Severn – 50mph
Gloucestershire Highways makes the locations public each month in a bid to reduce speeding.
A spokesperson said: “The Mobile Camera Enforcement Unit is committed to reducing risks to road users caused by vehicles travelling at excessive speeds.
“Vans operate at over 80 sites across the county and prioritise site activity by examining speed and accident data including intelligence received from communities.
“In an effort to reduce speeding in areas across the county, the priority sites will be advertised each month. Visits to the other sites will continue but emphasis will be placed on the advertised locations.”